Sep 10, 2021Clinical Lab Manager
Whether it’s a microscope image, creative bacterial cultures, or maybe an unusual blood smear, etc., we want to see your original lab art!
The winning entry will be featured on the cover of Clinical Lab Manager’s November print magazine issue, and runners-up will be featured inside the magazine in a photo gallery.
Contest begins on September 1, 2021 at 12:00:00 am EDT and closes on October 1, 2021 at 11:59:59 pm EDT. Winners will be notified by October 6, 2021 at 12:00:00 pm EDT.
Contest is open to residents of the United States who are affiliated with a research or clinical laboratory. To be eligible, your entry must be received within the contest period.
All photos must be of original laboratory art created by the entrants. Entrants must possess the necessary rights (including consent of the photographer) in and to the photo to enter the contest.
Selected photo contest winners and featured runners-up will not be paid. Photographs entered must not have been previously published or exhibited publicly outside of this contest or selected as a winner in any other contest.
Images must be at least 8.25 inches by 11 inches and 300 dpi to be eligible.
How to Enter:
Please submit all image entries as electronic file attachments to email@example.com as a .jpg or .png file format. Entries will not be accepted unless submitted via the official contest channel. Entries not submitted through the proper channel will be deleted.
No third party may own or control any materials the photo contains, and the photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
Entries will be judged by the editors at Clinical Lab Manager based on creativity and originality. All decisions are final. Clinical Lab Manager reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to stated contest rules.
Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline of October 1, 2021 at 11:59:59 pm EDT lapses.
Winner Notification Process:
The winner will be contacted on October 6, 2021 at 12:00 pm EDT via the email address provided during entry. If no response is received after 3 business days, a new winner will be selected and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to be featured on the cover of the November print issue.
The selected winner and runners-up will be required to complete a signed agreement with Clinical Lab Manager, a LabX Media Group company, providing publicity rights of the winner’s information,
By entering, participants agree that they understand and agree to the following Official Photo Contest Rules and Regulations:
Official Photo Contest Rules and Regulations:
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Photo Contest is open only to those who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Photo Contest is only open to legal residents of the USA and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Clinical Lab Manager, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Photo Contest. The Photo Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By submitting an entry, each Entrant agrees to be fully unconditionally bound to these Rules, that the entry complies with all conditions stated in these Rules, and warrants that they meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, Entrants agree to accept the decisions of Clinical Lab Manager as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Photo Contest. Entrants agree that Clinical Lab Manager will bear no legal liability, expressed or implied, regarding the use of the entry by Clinical Lab Manager and Clinical Lab Manager shall be held harmless by an entrant in the event it is subsequently discovered that the entrant has departed from or not fully complied with any of the rules.
3. Photo Contest Period: Entries will be accepted in electronic format starting on on September 1, 2021 at 12:00:00 am EDT and ending on October 1, 2021 at 11:59:59 pm EDT.
4. How to Enter: The Photo Contest must be entered by submitting an electronic image submission to firstname.lastname@example.org as a .png or .jpg file attachment. The entry must fulfill all Photo Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Clinical Lab Manager. If Entrants use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Clinical Lab Manager.
5. Winning the Contest: The Winner of the Photo Contest (the “Winner”) will be featured on the cover of the November 2021 print issue of Clinical Lab Manager magazine. Runners-up will have a chance to be featured inside the November 2021 print issue of Clinical Lab Manager magazine in a photo gallery. Acceptance of winning constitutes permission for Clinical Lab Manager to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by Clinical Lab Manager. Winner will be notified by via the email address provided on October 6, 2021, at 12:00:00 pm EDT following selection of Winner. Clinical Lab Manager shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to respond within three (3) business days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, an alternate Winner will be selected and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to be featured on the cover of the November 2021 print issue of Clinical Lab Manager magazine. Winning the Photo Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CLINICAL LAB MANAGER’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE PHOTO CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by Entrants: By entering the contest, Entrants understand and agree that photos submitted can be used by Clinical Lab Manager, anyone acting on behalf of Clinical Lab Manager, and Clinical Lab Manager’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, and use in any media no known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, Entrant’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Photo Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. By entering the Photo Contest, Entrants (i) grant Clinical Lab Manager, in perpetuity, a world-wide, non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the contest entry, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her photo in favor of Clinical Lab Manager; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless Clinical Lab Manager and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. By entering this content, Entrants represent and warrant that their entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If an Entrant’s entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, said Entrant will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Clinical Lab Manager. If the content of an entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, Entrants shall, at their sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. Entrants shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Clinical Lab Manager from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Clinical Lab Manager may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
For greater certainty, Clinical Lab Manager and/or the Contest Parties reserve the right, in its/their sole discretion, to modify, edit or remove any Entry, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his/her Entry, if a complaint is received with respect to the Entry, or for any other reason. Clinical Lab Manager reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, edit, or remove any entry, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his/her entry, if a complaint is received with respect to the entry, or for any other reason.
9. Terms & Conditions: Clinical Lab Manager reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Photo Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Clinical Lab Manager’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Photo Contest. In such case, Clinical Lab Manager may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Clinical Lab Manager. Clinical Lab Manager reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Photo Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Clinical Lab Manager has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Photo Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Photo Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Photo Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Clinical Lab Manager reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Clinical Lab Manager and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Photo Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Photo Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND DELAWARE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Photo Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Photo Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Delaware having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Photo Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Clinical Lab Manager, 1000 N West St., Wilmington, Delaware. 19801 USA. Requests must be received no later October 1, 2021 at 11:59:59 pm EDT.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Photo Contest is Clinical Lab Manager, 1000 N West St., Wilmington, Delaware. 19801 USA.